Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - "A Sucker's Evening" (Live)

Leave a Comment

I was feeling kinda bummed out yesterday after rereading my Nick Cave post realizing how useless it is to write a post for a video that you prove is useless.  How's that for circularity?  Then, when I came upon (courtesy the blog I learn the most from every day, Aquarium Drunkard) this video (?) for a live (?) version of "A Sucker's Evening" by Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, everything made more sense.  This is what Nick Cave should have done.  Non-linear, this video is a collection of images which reference the occult, theater, and just about everything else that I try on a Saturday night.

If you're not familiar with the entirety of Mr. Billy's catalog, "A Sucker's Evening" will probably freak you out.  It's a tale of ass-sexing, kidnapping, and with some serious voodoo shit going down.  I'll admit that when I first heard it I said out loud (to the no one who was in the room):  "did he just say that?"  Yes, yes he did.  You'll hear it, too.  Promise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment