REVIEW: Foals - Antidotes

Leave a Comment

ZACH THAT:

I've been waiting for an album like this all 2008 to hit my headphones. The UK indie math rock band takes everything I love about Battles and Bloc Party and puts them into a tasty stew. Running with the stew metaphor, it is a thick one with elements of catchy drumbeats, electronic doodlings, and indie upbeat vocals. Each track is unique in its own way, but like most albums fail to do, this one constructs a singular mood that carries throughout. The album drops in the UK in March, American's have to wait until April 8th. We're not sure who to thank, maybe Sub Pop, for the cd in the mail...it's made my week. The sounds from Antidotes will be sure to be filling the welistenforyou offices for a long time. I thought it would be impossible to top Thao's amazing release, but for my money, this is the best album of the year so far.


0 comments:

Post a Comment