Track Of The Day: Ovlov - "I Got Well"

Leave a Comment

The weekend before CMJ, I found myself at a loft party in Brooklyn to see WLFY favorites Radical Dads.  The band before Radical Dads were Connecticut's Ovlov and I was won over by their 90's sound, mixing parts of good Smashing Pumpkins and The Pixies.  The live show was in your face and one hell of a great time.  The recorded material features relentless guitars and vocals in complete command.  With 90's nostalgia becoming a big trend this year with Yuck and the new Pains Of Being Pure At Heart album, I actually lean in favor of bands like Radical Dads and Ovlov who seem to be taking a crunchier/less polished take on the decade.  It's somehow rough and controlled at the same time and immediately takes me back to the 90's without ever feeling rehashed or stale.  I recommend checking out my favorite Ovlov track, "I Got Well" and then clicking on the Bandcamp link below to hear the entire EP.
  


0 comments:

Post a Comment