Track Of The Day: Francois Peglau - Who Wants To Go?

Leave a Comment

It's moments like this that make me extremely happy to be a music blogger.  If I had my way, I would only post about bands/artists I've never heard, but it's rare to find a new talent that from the first track blows my ears away.  Today is one of the fortunate days, because I was introduced to Francois Peglau.  Here is what the PR e-mail said:

Few new artists encompass the current do-it-yourself, spread-it-yourself ethos more than mercurial Peruvian artist Francois Peglau. After cutting his songwriting teeth in his native Lima with the band Los Fucking Sombreros, Peglau relocated to London, and found inspiration in his his new status as an immigrant in a rapidly collapsing financial capital, as well as the music of Elliott Smith and Jimmy Cliff, French films, political art of Jorge Gonzalez, and tax law (among other things).


SOLD.


I can tell you the moment I fell in love with the music of Francois Peglau.  1 minute and 39 seconds into this wonderful track:




0 comments:

Post a Comment