Radiohead's new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world's first* Newspaper Album, comprising:
- Two clear 10" vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
- A compact disc.
- Many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradeable plastic to hold it all together.
- The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
- The Newspaper Album will be shipped on Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download on Saturday 19th February 2011.
- Shipping is included in the prices shown.
- One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12" vinyl.
The greatest thing ever, Record Store Day, announced today that they will have a cheaper option for release on 3/29. It is confirmed that it will not be the "Newspaper Album" but a different packaging for a cheaper price. Now, record stores can decide what price to put on the vinyl, but it seems like it will be around the 20-30 dollar price tag rather than the $48 pre-order.
I personally shelled out the $48 because I'm not going to miss any first runs of Radiohead records, but if you're not into all the frills than the RSD edition will get the music on your turntable, which means all is right in the end.