Jolie Holland & Kyp Malone (of TV on the Radio) at Zanzabar 2/2

Leave a Comment


There are a lot of reasons that I miss Louisville. Being back over Winter Break reminded me of the astonishing people that live in the River City and how I gotta get back every time I can. Unfortunately, I can't make it back for this incredible lineup at Zanzabar (easily the best venue going in Louisville due to its potent lineup of artists and great beer): Kyp Malone of TV on the Radio and Jolie Holland.

I wrote one of my best pieces of music writing about Holland's last visit to Louisville with Swedish-Franco-Israeli outfit Herman Dune for Backseat Sandbar which you can read here. Jolie was nice enough to reply. So, if you'll excuse me, I think we have an internet thing going on and I'll indulge that right now.
Dear Jolie,

If you're reading this, I'm sorry I can't make your show. I live in Scranton, Pennsylvania now, so why don't you come play over here? Or maybe Philly or NYC on a weekend so I can come watch. I hope you have a great time at "Z" bar. Have a beer for me. Oh, and if you get a chance to play "Damn Shame" for the people, they'd love that, too. Hopefully I'll be seeing you soon.

Best,
Hank Altogether.
91.9 WFPK Welcomes:

An Evening with
Jolie Holland
& Kyp Malone (of TV on the Radio)
performin their own tunes and then together.
Wednesday, February 2, 9pm
Doors 8pm
Zanzabar
Tickets: $12
On Sale Now
Available at:
on line @ Ticketfly, ear X-tacy & venue
Ages: 21 and over



0 comments:

Post a Comment